Monday, March 14, 2016

Whole30 Days 23-29

Is tomorrow seriously my last day? This feels so crazy!

I'm at the point where it feels like this Whole30 has gone by so fast, but the idea of another one would seem like a million years in the future.

It's also been a while since I updated you. I have some good excuses! I've been working piles of overtime at work (I worked 50 hours last week) plus we've been incredibly busy this week just enjoying the company of our friends and family. We seriously only had one night where we didn't have anything planned. It was a wonderfully busy week.

Since we last talked I have become obsessed with whipping up batches of guacamole. I just started throwing all the ingredients into a bowl and while this can cause some of the ingredients to be over-represented, it's still a delicious snack. I like to put it on meats, especially my hamburgers but its good to dip fries in too!

I was also having a serious craving for smoothies. Technically, smoothies are a cautionary item on Whole30, which is why I've avoided them thus far. Smoothies tend to be filled with fruits that you mindlessly consume because it's just so easy to with a smoothie. Keeping this in mind I've been trying to make sure my smoothies are actually doing something for me. I try to keep the ration of half greens to half fruit and add kombucha as a my base. They are so fufilling!


With tomorrow being my last day I'm sure you're wondering what I'm gonna do when it's all over. Well, I really want to steer clear of rewarding myself with food, so I rewarded myself with lulu lemon instead.


I couldn't resist taking my new pants out for a spin on the rock walls this weekend :) This gave me an excuse to spend that money on something I really want, while keeping my away from using food as a reward- something I've worked so hard to break over the past 29 days.


Tomorrow is the big day! Day 30!

See you at the finish line.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Yes I know Guac is Extra

No comments:

Post a Comment