Monday, March 7, 2016

Whole30 days 20-22

You guys, this is the last full week that I'll be on Whole30, Can you believe it? Me neither.

Friday night I came home to realize we had no meat, which was a real treat. I know that rhymed, but it was not as fun as that short poem. With absolutely no will to head out to the grocery store I decided to make this:

That's right: half green beans, half fries. A well balanced meal (?) Whatever.

Saturday I came home to find out that Jordan had made me dinner. It was ah-maze-ing.
 << I know you've seen us make a roasted chicken before but I photographed this one from a more respectable angle, also it was way better>>
<< He roasted be a cauliflower. Is there anything more romantic than that? No? >>

Sunday was a day to head to the grocery store and do some delicious meal prep. We made ourself some chicken bone broth using the carcasses of our devoured chickens (we sound so medieval right now). 
<< Hashtag yes>>

I also made some breakfast sausage to cure my breakfast boredom. I enjoyed some this morning and it was dee-lish:

Sidenote: I totally drink black coffee now, and I even enjoy it! It started out due to the inability to keep almond milk at work and has grown into a new love. I never thought I would actually like drinking black coffee! 

Today they ordered pizza into the office for lunch...and that was totally coooool.

I spent my lunch wafting in the sweet aroma of pizza while eating a chicken breast with pineapple salsa. It actually wasn't that bad, I'm just very dramatic.

Tonight we decided to be adventurous and make two things for the first time: chicken wings and cauliflower garlic mash and both were a success!

The cauliflower mash was a huge surprise! It actually tasted like you were eating mashed potatoes! We probably could have made them fluffier but hey, they all end up in the same place.

Those have been my adventures over the past few days. T-minus 8 days and counting!

From the desk of:


Taylor Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment