Tuesday, March 15, 2016

WHOLE30 DAY 30!

Paws up if it's your last day on the Whole30!

I was pretty happy today when I woke up this morning knowing that this was my last day on the Whole30, but it does feel like the end of an era so I tried my best to document my morning for you.

I made a delicious breakfast that I cannot wait to add some store bought salsa to when I make it tomorrow.

Today felt weirdly like my birthday or something. I'm finally at the end of something I worked so hard to accomplish and it just felt like a bit of a celebration for actually completing something I had set out to do. It was kind of a runner's high so-to-speak, maybe we could call it an eater's high? So of course I did what I do on my birthdays: try to incorporate something sparkly into my wardrobe:


I'm thinking of what I'll eat tomorrow and I really don't think there will be any big change. I may add some salsa that I didn't have to physically chop every single ingredient for to my eggs, or have some almond butter with a banana as a snack, but I really don't think (and I hope) that I will keep this up. I feel like I've battled a serious ketchup addiction, found ways to make meals that aren't centred around bread (toast was my number one meal choice in the past, breakfast, lunch or dinner), and really flexed my willpower.

Tomorrow I'll be striking off today's date in my calendar and I couldn't be more excited to see what I can do next. So thank you for letting me take you through a month of every single thing I ate, every complaint I had, and every boring development about how I love black coffee now, or how I've learned a new way to make chicken. I'll completely understand if you never want to hear the phrase Whole30, although I probably won't listen to you.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Wearer of a Whole30 Badge of Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment