Friday, March 4, 2016

Whole30 Days 16-19

You guys, I'm almost 2/3rds done this crazy thing! It blows my mind to say that I haven't had any added sugars or preservatives in almost 20 days, let alone dairy or wheat.

So what's been new? Well I discovered the actifry and have basically been living my best life ever since:

If you haven't heard of the actifry, it's an amazing appliance that "fries" your food using one tablespoon of oil. This has seriously cured by carb woes, we've eaten fries the last three nights in a row.

I'm smitten and next week we're going to try to make some sweet potatoes fries and even some chicken drumsticks. Stay tuned.

Earlier this week I had another revelation when I roasted an entire chicken:

I'm the weird person at my family Thanksgiving who bribes people for the skin off of their turkey so the opportunity to not have to eat a boneless, skinless chicken breast for the first time in over two weeks was a welcome change. That meal was amazing.

Last night we invited Nathan and Jeremy up for dinner and had a freaking amazing meal:

The boys brought the salad and avocado spread and we treated them to some fries and Whole30 compliant burgers. That meal was so so good.

What else is new with me? Well, I'm starting to see an end in sight of this Whole30 so I've already started searching for the new Lulu Lemon pants that I'll be rewarding myself with when this is over. Big plans, big plans.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
High on a Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment