Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Happy Hour at the Barre

I have been in a major workout slump ever since it started to get cold. I love to run outside and take my bike to work so spring, summer, and fall are great times for me to stay active but winter is another story. I have a treadmill in our garage but I pretty much refused to use it this winter because I couldn't fathom the idea of going out into the cold. That left me basically doing nothing all winter.

Lately, I've been trying to get out of my workout slump by trying some new things to pass the time until I can hit my feet to the pavement again. That's why I enlisted my old gym buddy Erika to try something new with me: Barre Class.


If you want to know the real reason I decided to try Barre class it's really as simple as this: beside pilates, this is pretty much the workout that every damn celebrity thanks for their amazing bodies. That was enough for me.

When I thought of Barre I thought of ballet, but I knew it was apparently a lot more than that.

The class we took was a mix of ballet, dance, and strength training. The part we were most excited about was using the barre so we could pretend we were ballerinas, regardless of how graceless we were.


What ended up being the most fun for me was the dancing, it made me really want to take some sort of dance workout class, zumba maybe, or even a hip hop class? Plus the soundtrack was pretty amazing and included "Wasn't Me" by Shaggy, who would complain about that?

This class made me sweat so much and my legs were hurting for DAYS after. Seriously, I took this class on Thursday and my legs were killing me until Monday. Success.

If anyone local wants to try it out we went here! They did a great job and they have lots of different classes to try so check them out!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Bumbling Ballerina

No comments:

Post a Comment