Thursday, March 10, 2016

Life After Whole30

With my last full week of being on the Whole30 upon me, I've already started thinking about what things will be like when I don't need to prep my meals every couple of days, or ask a million questions to my waitress at a restaurant, or keep a ridiculous amount of snacks in my purse at all times.

To start with, the main point of the Whole30 is to cleanse your body of foods that commonly cause issues in your digestion and then to slowly reintroduce those foods back into your diet to see how they affect you. So I've been trying to decide what to re-introduce first. At the top of my list are the big three: sugar, dairy and wheat. I think sugar may have to come first since avoiding it is the hardest, followed by wheat, and finally dairy. I don't know exactly how long I'll wait between re-introductions but I do plan to do it one group at a time.

I hope to continue to eat some of the delicious foods, prepare some of the amazing meals, and carry forward the great habits I've been building over the past month.

The great thing about being off of the whole30 will be the lack of restriction. Since being on the Whole30 I have turned down dinner or drinks out with friends because there isn't much of a point in bringing me to to most places. Once the Whole30 is over I won't have that restriction on my life.

What I've really gained is a handful of amazing habits, so many new skills, and a kickstart to the healthier life I was looking for. I definitely don't see myself going back to where I was before so I'm excited to see what life looks like with Whole30 incorporated into my everyday life with the ability to every once in a while treat myself:


From the desk of:

Taylor Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment