Sunday, May 18, 2014

Getting Stuck


This picture is from a scene of the show United States of Tara. If you haven't watched it yet, get your butt on Netflix immediately (after reading this, of course).

This scene has been running through my head lately.

Here's the dialogue:

Marshall: You know what I like about you?
Kate: Hmm?
Marshall: You don't get stuck. You know, you just put everything out there, and you don't worry about what comes next. I worry a lot about getting stuck.

I worry a lot about getting stuck too. About not being able to have the kind of career I want and letting myself succumb to the need to make a living and take any old job.

I find it hard to know where to go next a lot of the time. I always want to know how someone successful got to where they are now, how they started out and moved their way up. I don't know how to do that for myself right now, but I hope one day I'll find it.

I'm writing this because I bet a lot of other people find themselves feeling this way too. Feeling like there is somewhere they need to go next, somewhere they want to get, but with no idea how to get there, and a fear that they may never get there.

I guess the worry and the drive that makes me feel this way is a good thing. It's a feeling that will continue to push me.

I always want to push.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Pusher (Insert Mean Girls Reference here)

No comments:

Post a Comment