Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Month Without Fried Foods or Alcohol



The latest in the Six Months of Resolutions challenges was to live a month without fried foods or alcohol.

I would never have guessed that this would be a difficult month for me, but it turned out to be!

I went out drinking one night during this month because hey, a girl's got to live a little. What was weird was that I practically never drink but this month left we really wanting a glass of wine or a mimosa. Why of all months did that craving come in this month?? You always want what you can't have I guess.

It was actually the fried foods that caught me up, specifically fries. On good Friday my family basically looked at me like I would be disowned if I didn't eat fish and chips, and it just looked so good I had to take another notch against me. I ate fries one night at my boyfriends house because they specifically made them for me, who can break a person's heart by refusing that? And then one day I completely forgot and got fries with my meal! Fries, fries, fries.

So I ended the month with four new notches against me, so five in total for this competition. Tessa had a couple slips as well and she has a total of four notches against her.

We've moved onto the next month now. We have to run at least 10k a week and complete a 10 day juice cleanse at some point this month. Tessa and I have already started our juice cleanses and don't worry, I'll update you on that when it's over. Just to give you an idea: you don't know struggle until you've agreed not to eat solid food for ten days straight. I'm on day four…it's a struggle. But there's benefits as well!

You'll hear all about that soon enough!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Fry Fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment