Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stopping to Smell the Roses


If Ferris Bueller taught us anything, it's that sometimes we need to throw our responsibilities out the window and just enjoy the moment.

I feel like since I've started working in Toronto I haven't really gotten a chance to stop and smell the roses. My first week living here I had a week before I started my new job and it was one of the best ways for me to get acquainted with my new city. I was able to explore, hang out with friends and really introduce myself to my new life. Since then I've been go go go and haven't been able to enjoy living somewhere that I've always dreamed of.

Here are some "dates" I want to take myself on with my city:
- Early Saturday morning trip to the St. Lawrence Market
- Aimless wandering through the streets so I can start really knowing where I'm going downtown
- Thrift store hunting
- Finding all of the record stores in the city
- Exploring and enjoying the small parks that are scattered throughout the city

I'm sure there's more I can do but I can't think of any just yet. I want to be able to get to know the city without having to spent too much money. Maybe I'll do a little more research too!

So here's to exploring, enjoying and also...Ferris Bueller (he was a pretty cool guy).

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Work Horse, City Slicka, John Hughes Fan


No comments:

Post a Comment