Thursday, October 17, 2013

Making Your Own Traditions


Every year you and your family probably have traditions that you do. Whether you like to carve pumpkins on Halloween or decorate your Christmas tree together on the day after Thanksgiving, every family has some sort of tradition that they come back to every year.

Eventually, you'll need to make your own traditions. You have to start moving away from that little family unit that you've always known and start making your own life.

This year I participated in a few traditions of my own. Fall is by far my favourite holiday and so if I get the chance to partake in any autumn activities then I'm definitely a happy camper. One tradition that I started with my friends has been to go apple picking. I don't always go with the same people and I haven't exactly gone every year but it's been something that I do with my friends and something that really brings in Fall to me.

Some other Fall traditions that you could start with your friends:
- Pumpkin picking and carving
- Making Candied and Carmel Apples
- Scary movie marathons
- A night where you make your Halloween costumes
- Baking nights (pumpkin seeds anyone?)
- An annual Halloween party

There are tons of things that you can do each season to start your own traditions. The best thing is that now you get to choose the traditions instead of having someone choose them for you! So go forth and start enjoying the season!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Autumn Enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment