Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Whole30 Day 8 and 9

Day 8 was a glorious, victorious, magnanimous day because I MAAADEE KETTTCHHHUPPP (please yell that in your best Oprah voice.)

After almost a week without my beloved ketchup I finally procured all of the ingredients necessary to make my own.

I also added dill to the ketchup (and managed to spill it just about everywhere) because oh my god if you haven't tried dill ketchup then you haven't met the new peanut butter and jelly. Soul mates.

I immediately put my ketchup to good use:

If you're wondering what home made ketchup tastes like: the answer is that it has a much stronger vinegar taste but that's the price you pay when you take a whack load of sugar out. If you can forget what you think ketchup should taste like and just try it, it's actually quite nice and it's a welcome vacation from all the salsas I was eating!

I also made mayo but I'm not so sure it turned out so I've been too scared to try it as of yet.

It's a tad green due to the extra virgin olive oil. The problem with the mayo came when it asked me to emulsify the ingredients which is a fancy word for try to pour the ingredients in slowly while the blender is spitting raw egg and olive oil in your face. So no, I did not emulsify properly and thus have water mayonnaise.

In other news, I did the dishes THREE separate times on day 9 during one round of cooking, probably more on day 8. I do dishes like it's my job, except it's not because I have an actually job that I go to for 8 hours a day, then I cook and do dishes and oh my lantah why can't I hire a chef please?

If you weren't jealous of me before you're probably even less jealous now, I tend to have that effect on people.

What I haven't talked about lately is how I feel. Yes, let's talk about our feelings. Well I'm feeling pretty wonderful these days. I'm really enjoying the way my body works when it's not feeling blurred by so many chemicals and sugars. I mentally feel a lot better, I don't feel as fuzzy as I did sometimes in the middle of shift and I also feel that the more you eat better and respect your body the more you appreciate it and see it in a positive light. What I'm try to say is: I'm feeling myself (A la Nicki Minaj and Beyonce). 

For now that's about all I've got, the usual food photos with a small tangent on feelings, ending with a link to Nicki and Queen B.

Happy Wednesday friends!

From desk of:

Taylor Brown
Queen T


No comments:

Post a Comment