Monday, February 22, 2016

Whole30 Day 5, 6 and 7

Has it seriously been a week already? It feels like no time has passed at all, but also, like I have a long way to go.

Are you sick of seeing pictures of my food yet? This post probably won't help because that's about all I have.

Friday started off pretty well. It's amazing the things you can get done before 9am. I woke up early, made some chicken breasts, cleaned the kitchen and made this delicious breakfast...


...all before Tessa showed up for an early morning visit. We spent the morning chatting over tea before I had to go to work for the day (womp womp).

Saturday was a weird day because I had to work again (I reiterate: womp womp). It was actually an interesting day Whole30 wise since I had to face my first struggle with eating out with people who are not my family. Work was ordering in lunch, which gave me instant anxiety, until I found out we were ordering Subway. I still had to work around it though. I knew there was no way I could eat their salad dressing and I didn't trust their chicken so I made my own and ordered a plain salad loaded with veggies.

I used this salad dressing recipe. Double the garlic and you'll be in heaven, just make sure to carry around an extra toothbrush with you for everyone else's sake.

After work we went right out for drinks with friends which was so wonderful but I actually ended up in me not eating until 10pm! That's the struggle of Whole30, it's pretty hard to find things to eat out. Surprisingly I wasn't starving though. I feel like I've been eating a lot of high protein meals lately so it's done me some favours when it comes to being out with nothing I can order.

Sunday I finally got to take some time to myself, which of course I spent at the grocery store and prepping meals. I didn't mind because it gave me a chance to exhibit what I call "Grocery Belt Pride." Do you ever put all of your things on the grocery belt and feel like "dayuummm I am so healthy, this is incredibly impressive. Everyone check me out!"? No? Well I do soooo....yeah.

For lunch I had some shishkabobs and they made my entire day. For dinner I went to Swiss Chalet with my family and was forced to order some bland chicken and vegetables. It's so much better eating at home for the Whole30. At least I can have some salsa at home!

And that is my recap for the past three days. Hope you're enjoying the mass amount of food photos, I'm sure you don't see enough of those on instagram already. But just in case, here's a picture of my kale socks, I know instagram is probably lacking in pictures of people's feet as well:

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Grocery Store Snob

No comments:

Post a Comment