Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What a Wonderful World

<< Weekend attire for when I'm le tired >>

Once upon a time Anne of Green Gables said "I'm so glad to live in a world where there are Octobers." Well Anne, I'm so glad to live in a world where there are weekends. How about that?

Honestly, when you start working full time, weekends are everything.

To quote lyrical genius Will Ferrell during one of his flawless SNL skits:

"Mondays I hate Mondays.
Weekends I live for the weekends."

True say Will, true say. 

This weekend was a full one.

To start with I made true on my promise to go to the gym and to do some arm workouts. Saturday morning Tessa and I worked our butts off running, cycling, lifting heavy things, and making my abs feel pain for the following three days. Success.

I also made the life changing decision to try a middle part and was actually pretty pleased. I know you guys, big things happening around here.


Saturday night I went to not one, not two, but three bars. We even tried a fourth but it didn't quiet work out. A few friends and I started by going to the Brownestone, a teeny tiny pub, but it was so loud we literally left within five minutes. Next we went to The Beaver and Bulldog and after a drink or two decided we were in the mood for a microbrewery so we headed to Waterloo to try to Abe and Erb. Pretty cool place but they tried to fancy up a poutine and ruined it with cheese curds that tasted like smoke and poutine that tasted like mushrooms. No bueno. We tried to go to a whisky bar after that but they were literally too hipster to have hours of operation. Seriously. The hours on the door were just guesses as to when the owners come in and literally ended with "and sometimes we're just not here." Too cool for school boys, too cool for school.

All in all it was a pretty wonderful weekend. Especially because it ended with a turkey dinner on Sunday night. 

So here's to a world with weekends!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Saturday and Sunday Enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment