Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Death Valley's Little Brother


Last weekend I told you about how my friends and I tried in vain to go to a whisky bar in town but the place was closed for no apparent reason, besides the fact that the owners just didn't feel like showing up. They seem to be free spirits like that.

Well this weekend we decided to try it again and it's now apparent why they can hold whatever hours they want. You guys, this place is my new favourite coffee place. I'm saying it here and now in front of the world.

It was actually a really cool spot. They sold whisky, espresso and baked goods. Everything inside was gorgeous and it was a nice place to hang out and have a couple drinks without the annoying live music that every single bar seems to think is a pre-requisite to getting drunk.


I was the DD, as usual, so I got a latte and I like it...a latte (see what I did there). They had whisky hot chocolates with real chocolate in them, that's what Erika got, and the boys tried a few different whiskies. Overall it seemed pretty expensive, not something you'd want to do every weekend, but it was fun for the night.

I bought a bag of coffee beans and you guys, they blow my mind. I'm in love with this coffee.

Overall it was a fun place to go that I'll definitely be heading back to once my supply of beans is running low. Way to go Waterloo, that place was cool.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Chugger of All Things Caffeinated 

No comments:

Post a Comment