Thursday, March 5, 2015

Home Buying is Not for the Faint of Heart


As you may know Jordan and I are on the search for our first home. I must admit, this is probably the most grown up thing I've ever done. It's equal parts terrifying and thrilling, stress inducing and joy-filled.


We started looking in January and have yet to have any luck. We knew it would take a long time but it is starting to become bit frustrating. There are so many beautiful homes out there but most of them don't fit into our list of requirements. We're looking for a duplex because we'd like to have an income property. This isn't our forever home and one day we hope to rent the whole thing out and move on to our next investment.

Sadly, these houses are hard to find. Most of the ones we have seen are scary, and I mean scary. We've been into a house where the owner had no furniture, just mattresses. We've been into a home where the tenant owned every type of pet you could think of, I'm talking cats, dogs, a hamster, a turtle, and so many animals I'm sure I didn't see. My least favourite of all: we've see countless homes where the only bathroom is right off the kitchen. This is my biggest pet peve. I mean, ew.

No bueno.

Mostly, I'm just anxious to start this next chapter of my life. I wouldn't be anxious if there wasn't something totally amazing to look forward to. I know that when we do find a house we'll be so glad we said no to the houses before so I'm keeping my head up and my eyes out for our perfect fit. 

Trust me kids, if you start looking for homes soon make sure to go into it with patience, a lot of knowledge, and the ability to hold out for whats right. I know I won't regret all the "Nos" we've handed out once this is over.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Future Home Owner, Current Home Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment