Thursday, March 6, 2014

Keeping Busy

*Colours on my desk as I work*

Free time is a wonderful thing. It keeps us sane, but too much of it can drive a person insane.

I work from my apartment and I find that if I let myself get cooped up inside too much that I slowly start losing my mind. For example: I spent ALL of Monday afternoon and night lying around. Seriously, from 2pm to midnight I sat in front of my laptop. While I was enjoying shovelling episode after episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians into my brain, it also left me a little stir crazy.

The next two nights I just had to do something with myself. 

Tuesday I went out with my roommate for a little shopping adventure in the afternoon and then went and saw a movie with a friend at night.

Still on the high of that I ventured out into the city yesterday afternoon and spent time walking around and exploring.

Once I get going I don't want to stop. I guess it's true that an object in motion stays in motion and an object in rest stays at rest because I know that once I've set  myself up on the couch that there's no moving me.

So my advice to you today is to get out there. Do something new and get your body and brain moving. It's good for you!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Explorer, Lazy Woman at Heart 

No comments:

Post a Comment