Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Month of Water and Protien


Another month of my Six Months of Resolutions challenge has come and gone!

Honestly, I don't think anything will ever top the struggle of giving up sweets for a month. Should be smooth sailing from here on out…until the last month when I do that again! (Yikes)

This past month the challenge was to drink 8 glasses of water a day and have at least one serving of protein a day.

I think most people can say that they don't drink enough water. Why would they when there's such a thing as coffee? Amiright?

I'm also notorious for leaving protein out of my diet, especially red meat, which leaves me with low iron levels and lots of dizziness.

The hardest part was drinking the water. You literally have to start at the beginning of the day. If you don't then you'll find yourself too full to drink it glass after glass at the end of the day.

The protein was pretty easy. I ate chicken breasts, eggs, and even bought some salami to make paninis with.  I did have to be conscious of remembering to have protein daily but it wasn't too big of a deal.

As mentioned earlier I lost a point for missing my water intake because I was sick. Tessa lost another point over the month so she's down two right now and I'm down one. #winning.

This month our goal is to workout 3-4 times a week for a minimum of thirty minutes and to eat one serving of vegetables.

The vegetables have been a stretch so far (we're only three days in but I'm already feeling it). The workouts have been easy because it's been SO beautiful lately! I went for a nice, long run yesterday and today I went downtown with my roommate and we rented bikes and biked the city for a couple hours. Perfect way to workout without feeling like you're working out.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Big City Biker

No comments:

Post a Comment