Thursday, November 7, 2013

Shameless Money Saving Trick

Never get dressed..


Okay…so I know that this tip probably doesn't work for everyone, but it's something I've realized about my life as it has become. I basically never get to wear 90% of my wardrobe. Why's this? Because I'm either in my pyjamas or dressed in my work clothes which are only allowed to be black and white. This leaves so much of my wardrobe unused. This means that I don't feel the need to buy new stuff as much recently because I forget about my clothes and then when I remember an outfit it seems brand new again. Score.

How can this tip apply to you?

Try this trick: challenge yourself to not wear the same thing for two whole weeks.
Instead of letting yourself fall into a fashion rut, try mixing your wardrobe up a bit. Dig into the back of your closet and find new ways to wear things. Pair different tops with cardigans and blazers. Layer your button up under a a comfy crew neck sweater. Turn your spring dress into a Fall one by layering a long sleeve shirt underneath. Change.It.Up. If you can make it two weeks without repeating an outfit then you'll probably find tons a new outfits and tons of different ways to wear your old and tired clothes. Now you'll have gone two weeks without buying something new and will probably no longer feel the need to. Congrats, you're a tad bit richer.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Pyjama Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment