Friday, August 16, 2013

Welcome!

Please allow me to introduce myself:


My name is Taylor. I am a 22 year old lady on the brink of adulthood. I chose to call my blog "Children with Chequebooks" because that's what I really feel that I, and all of the other people my age are. We are stuck in this limbo between still needing our parents and wanting our independence. We're graduating university, finally moving on from being students, and being dumbfounded by how to get ourselves into the bussiness world. No one prepared us for this transition. We were told that our bachelor degrees would be golden tickets to our dream jobs but we're quickly finding out that there are alot of dues to be paid and a lot of legwork to be done.

I want to be the one who takes you on that transition from childhood to adulthood. I'm currently living it! I am moving out of my parents house for the first time and moving into an apartment in Toronto with two friends. I'm finding out just how many bills there are to be paid monthly and I've just gotten my first real job as an Associate Editor for an woman's email inbox magazine. And true to this transition, I also have to find myself a part time job to cover all of those previously mentioned bills.

I'm going to talk about the struggles of being shoved into adulthood and all of the great things as well. I'll give you advice on how to deal with bills, bosses and busy schedules. I may even sprinkle in some fashion advice every once in a while (seriously, does anyone know how to dress for the office without looking like you're dressing up in your moms heels? I'm still learning).

So follow along and we'll grow up together.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Associate Editor, Adult in Training, Transition Spirit Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment