Tuesday, August 27, 2013

On my own


It's official. I'm out. I'm on my own. I'm left to my own devices.

It feels...weird but also very awesome. My mom and sister drove me to my apartment and dropped me off for good today. I did move in over this past weekend but I came home the next day to go home and finish up work on Monday. Now I'm here and feeling a weird sense of independence. I've hung things up in my room, made my own dinner, did the dishes and spent the night doing some job research. It's just so odd that I have to figure everything out on my own but the opportunity to do so fills me with a lot of empowerment.

I have to take the bus tomorrow to hand out resumes for a part time job and I have no idea how the bus system works. I've already researched it and have a plan for tomorrow. I've printed out resumes, planned my best "hire me" outfit and set my alarm for a nice, early wake up call. It all makes me feel very accomplished. I know these are all small victories but every one counts.

Never let yourself miss the opportunity to learn new things and never miss the opportunity to realize what you've accomplished. Each day should take us one step closer to our goals. Are you making a daily effort?

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Celebrator of small victories, Public transportation novice

No comments:

Post a Comment