Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I'm Dreaming of Child's Christmas

Christmas is probably the weirdest thing in the entire world once you become an adult. You start asking for home decor, grocery store gift cards, and cold, hard cash. You actually have to work up to and all around this glorious holiday, instead of getting practically a month off like you used to in high school and university. I can't believe there was a time when I used to complain that I had exams until the 20th of December. Now I complain about working between Christmas and New years...as everyone else does. My sister actually said "It should be a crime to be working the week before Christmas," which I found rather funny seeing as she's a stay-at-home Mom but hey, we've got supporters on the other side I guess.

Despite the fact that I'm a full on adult this year who is opening presents at her own house on Christmas morning (so weird), and mostly just celebrating the fact that I'm getting a 4 and a half day weekend (it's the little things, guys), and that it's going to be a GREEN Christmas, I'm still finding time to get into the holiday spirit.

I decorated the house basically the day after Halloween, we bought our very own white Christmas tree this year, and I'm taking time to enjoy the people who actually do get a holiday and are coming home from school or wherever to be with their family and friends.
 << It's a Marshmallow World In the Winter>>
 << Making it a White Christmas whether there is snow or not! >>
 << I went a little crazy this year and decided to do a personalized advent calendar for Jordan. He's pretty happy being spoiled with amazing gifts on a daily basis >>
 << Taking any excuse I can to wear my new scarf from Erika, even when the weather doesn't call for it>>
 << My proud contribution to our girls night >>
<< Silly times with silly friends. So glad everyone is in one place!>>

There's a lot to celebrate this year, even if I have to celebrate it in between stints at the office.

Merry-almost-Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment