Monday, May 11, 2015

Adult Stuff

<< Me after I spent a morning on hold >>

Man, oh man, there is a lot of adult stuff you have to do when you get a house. Last week my job was to set up the gas, hydro and water. It was, to say the least, a painful experience.

KW hydro betrayed everything I know about waiting on hold. I spent my entire morning, two hours to be exact, waiting on hold to speak to a representative and just kept telling myself that I had to keep waiting on hold or I'd lose my place in the queue.

WELL GUESS WHAT!?

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

After two hours on hold I hung up and I thought "hey, I'll call back, just to see." And I got right through. 

Good news is: everything is sorted out. 

Bad news is: my youth is gone. 

Tips for calling to set up your hydro:

1. Call as early in the morning as possible
2. Have all your information ready (your address, your move in date, your lawyers name etc).
3. Take up the mindset of a Buddhist monk before making that call

Now we've got everything sorted out that we need to and we've only got a little over two weeks until we move. I can't even believe it. This is the first time I'm moving out of my parents house with no intention of coming back. Feels good kids, it feels pretty good. PRETTTYYY GOOD (in Larry David's voice).

Well that's enough of that.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Old Lady Crippled By Time Waiting for a Customer Service Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment