Tuesday, July 15, 2014

6 Months of Resolutions…is Over!

<< Celebration! >>

The Six Months of Resolutions challenge is over. And I won! Woo. Sorry, I'm a bit competitive sometimes. 

The challenge this month was: no chocolate, candy, chips, lattes, fried food, or baked goods, you must workout 3-4 times a week, and consume 8 glasses of water a day.

My real struggle was not eating chocolate (I love it so) and making myself workout 3 times a week. I love to workout, but when I was forcing myself to it was just no fun. 

As happy as I was to see the challenge end, Tessa and I know that these challenges have kept us from eating a ton of horrible stuff for us and kept us working out consistently. So we decided to start another six months of challenges. Six Months of Resolution Pt II! 

We haven't worked out what every month will be yet, just this one. We are doing more tailored challenged. 

This month we both have to workout 4 times a week (ouch) and can only have fried foods once a week. I am only allowed chocolate once a week and only one serving of bread a day. Tessa is only allowed a latte once a week and one gluten-free sweet a week. 

We made this month a little more lenient so we could still enjoy something we've been missing, without diving back into it face first. The real tough part will be working out 4 times a week, but hey, I'm up for a challenge.

Join us if you'd like. Tailor it to you!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Winner (Sorry Tess, I'm basking in my glory)

P.S Funny story: I have no idea who the guy in my photo is. Erika took this picture while we were in Toronto this week and had gotten some free noise makers for the World Cup final game. I put this picture on instagram captioned "Just pretending to care about soccer in the streets of Toronto and sketching out the stranger behind me." And someone I knew actually recognized that guy and alerted him to the fact that he was the "sketched out stranger." How amazing is that? I wish I could be alerted of every photobomb I've ever done haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment