Monday, September 23, 2013

Getting Close to Your Dreams

*My mom, sister, the ladies from City Line's Fashion Friday (Tracy Moore & Lisa Rogers)

Your dreams aren't going to come to you, you're going to have to go to them. At the same point, they aren't going to come easy. This is something that I struggled with when I first started looking for jobs. I was looking to get into the newsroom but every single posted position asked for 3-5 years experience. I tried applying anyways hoping that just putting my name out there would do some good but didn't receive much response. When this is the case it can become very disheartening and very easy to give up on your dreams.

When you finally do find some kind of job, it may not be your dream job, heck it might not even be in your field. When you do get money rolling in it's easy to stick in that comfort zone of getting by. My biggest suggestion to spark that fire under your butt is to get yourself close to your dreams. Nothing has inspired me more than just being near other journalists or in a television studio. Just watching HBO's The Newsroom always leaves me with a feeling that I need to get up and go NOW NOW NOW!

Last month my mom got us tickets to see a taping of City Line's Fashion Friday. They are known for giving out amazing gifts and you may even get to see yourself on tv! What I really loved about going to Fashion Friday was being in a television studio again. I wasn't looking at the outfits and cosmetics, I was looking at the people working in the studio. I kept thinking to myself "I would do anything to be working in here!"

That's the kind of fire that you need to spark inside you. What would make you feel like you would do anything to get close to your dreams? Do you feel that fire when you do see someone doing what you wish you could be doing? If not, maybe it's not your true passion.

Evaluate what you're doing now and what you wish you could be doing. Feel that fire, keep it alive and don't let it go. I sure as hell am keeping mine alive.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Dream Chaser

No comments:

Post a Comment