Friday, July 22, 2016

PETER!


Last weekend Jordan and I welcomed a new edition into our fam. His name is Peter and he is the cutest/also rudest member of our household and I love him.

Jordan and I had been discussing getting a cat for a few weeks and we decided that last weekend would be the weekend we'd bring a baby kitty home. I was sitting on the couch Saturday morning scrolling through the selection of cats at the KW Humane Society when I saw they were having an adopt-athon THAT DAY. All adoptions were $50 (versus the usual $150 adoption fee). Um. Yes.

We ran our butts to the Humane Society to see if there was a cat there for us. I saw a little black kitten and said to Jordan "We have to get that one, then I can pretend I'm a witch." He agreed to look at him and we went into his room, which he shared with a little grey kitten. Well the black kitten was zonked out and did not pay attention to us at all but the grey kitten was happy to have us there. He let us pick him up, he was friendly and while Jordan was holding him I said "I think I like this guy better" and he said "Me too!" So we got Peter, the cat who never caught our eye. Sorry dude.

We are so happy we got him, though. He's definitely a bit of a jerk sometimes (which I think is just a personality trait shared among cats), but he's adorable, he loves to fall asleep in your lap, and we're completely smitten with the crazy, hyper, cuddly kitten.

I can now officially be the crazy cat lady I always wanted to be.
<< Matching Mean Muggs>>

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Cat Mom (Non-Witch)

No comments:

Post a Comment