Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Chocolate Avocado Cookies


Last night I decided to try a new approach to satisfying my chocolate cravings. Thus far the only approach I've taken is to either a) eat mini eggs by the handful until my stomach hurts or b) avoid eye contract with the mini eggs each time I open the fridge. Neither has really been doing it for me.

Instead, I thought I'd make some good use of the ingredients in my fridge and follow the tricks of moms everywhere: make something that tastes good and hides healthy ingredients in it. With this I decided to try some healthy avocado cookies. Recipe here.

While this was definitely an interesting attempt, and I am aware that the plate literally looks like a pile of crap, I won't lie when I tell you that these definitely weren't as good as the real thing. They had a cake-like texture which was a bit confusing, and I did spend the time I was eating it waiting to hit one of the chocolate chunks but they did do the trick. I'm hoping that maybe trying them cold will enhance the experience?


I guess I'll just have to keep delving deeper into the world of healthy baked goods and see what comes up as a winner. In the mean time, I've got about 15 chocolate avacado cookies that I need to learn to love.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Mini Egg-aholic in Recovery

**P.S The yoga class went very well! I wasn't late, didn't embarrass myself (a feat in itself), and will be going back next Monday. Three cheers for conquering irrational fears**

No comments:

Post a Comment