Monday, January 18, 2016

Fun in the Sun

New Years eve was wrapped up very soon after midnight for us as we had an 8am plane to catch on New Years Day. It was pretty heart breaking to set our alarm for three hours on New Years Eve since we had a 4am wakeup call.

Don't let my airport face fool you, New Years Day was a struggle:

It took us a couple of days to recover from the lack of sleep but once we did we set out to have all the fun in the sun that we could.

I immediately got myself a manicure with my Mom while Jordan and my step dad went out and shot guns like a couple of true Americans. I thoroughly believe that it has been worth giving up my ability to type, text, or pick up bobby pins with ease so I could have these claws:

A real highlight of the trip was going to the Cat Depot. It's a sanctuary for cats who can't find homes. People can adopt the cats there but the greatest thing is that the Cat Depot gives them a place to stay until they find a home, unlike the pound that actually kills animals that cannot find homes after a certain amount of time. I am a cat lady who just so happens to live in a catless home, a tragedy, I know.

We stay in Sarasota and that was actually where one of the Ringling brothers chose to settle during the winter months so there is a great museum there on their property and we even took a tour of their mansion.

We also had massages, ate a lot, drank a lot, took bike rides, laid by the pool as often as possible and shopped (because I miss Target oh so much!).
<< This place was called Owen's Fish Camp and it was a freaking dream! The outdoor area was an amazing backyard with string lights, dreamy live music and a tire swing. Swoon swoon swoon!>>
 << Me and my Mom at Owen's on a suspended porch swing. Need I say more?>

All in all it was a very wonderful trip and it has been pure torture coming back to Canada where it seems that the snow is never planning to stop. Seriously, how could we have had such a mild winter until January and now it's just chaos?!

Bah humbug, winter, bah humbug.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Summer Sister, Winter Wench 

No comments:

Post a Comment