Monday, February 2, 2015

I'm Back Guys!



Where have I been lately? Oh just being a grown up person who grew up!


Yes, I do appreciate the fact that there has been radio silence around here lately but hey, a girls gotta get things done...or whatever.

What have I been up to lately?

Well, I went to NYC with my family where I basically spent two days trying to cross off a major New York bucket list. We shopped, we ate, we saw a play on Broadway and walked to every landmark we could possibly think of. It was exhausting but completely awesome.
<< Hello from Brooklyn >>

A mere 4 days after I returned from New York I started a new job. That's right, you heard it here first: I've gone corporate. I am now gainfully employed at a major insurance company. I won't say which because, well, who cares really. And what do I do at this little piece of corporate Canada? Well I am the woman who you talk to on the phone when you have questions. Yes, the highly coveted customer service representative. That's me. 

All in all it's been a pretty good step for me. I love having a structured work schedule, I actually like the office environment, all the way down to my little cubicle, and I love the people I work with (two of whom happen to be two of my best friends). 

This leap into adulthood has led to a domino effect in growing up. I bought a car, Jordan and I are planning a trip to Europe next September (if my time off request goes through...dang structured work environment), and we've even started house hunting.

Yup, I'm a real adult who does real adult things...like think about how much my car insurance costs, and actually gets dressed when I go to work.

What else have I been up to? Jordan has finally convinced me to stick with watching Breaking Bad all the way to the end. I will admit that it is a pretty crazy show and it does make me say "OH.MY.GOD!" every once in a while but I still stick to the fact that I could easily turn the show off at any time and feel fine not knowing what happens to this group of horrible people. 

In other news I have been a pretty crafty person in the past few months. I've been commissioned by a few friends and family to make them scarves...which I should probably get working on since it takes a small lifetime to make one scarf. 

I've also been trying my hand at a few new things. I took up project life because I am a scrapbooking grandma and I don't care who knows it. I also taught myself to use a sewing machine because I am a domesticated housewife and I don't care who knows it.

Besides all those grandma things I've also tried rock climbing and trapezing. Both two completely amazing things that I have every intention of doing again!

So that's what I've been up to since I left you oh so abruptly. I'm hoping to get back on this blogging horse because this girl needs a writing outlet and is more grown up than ever, which is perfect for this little blog.

So sorry I left you my friends but I'm back and typing up a storm!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Full Time Awesome Person

No comments:

Post a Comment