Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Climbing Walls

I feel so lucky lately because I'm in such a busy period of my life and it all feels so productive. Besides working 5 days a week and getting payddddd, I've been keeping so busy on the weekends and putting myself outside my comfort zone.

It all started in December when we took a trapeze course in Montreal. It was one of the hardest and scariest things I've ever done and I honestly wanted to quit after my first attempt. I couldn't bring my legs up to the bar and I felt like a hunk of dead weight hanging from the bar but I pushed myself and it ended in me actually doing a catch!

I really wanted to continue with trapezing but there aren't any in our area so I decided to try rock climbing instead. It's another way for me to push and test my body. I look forward to getting good at something and really working to make my body achieve things I didn't think it could. 


The first time we went there were 5 of us and we spent the afternoon with an instructor (seen above) who helped us climb a bunch of walls. There was one wall I got stuck on  and ended up taking about 15 minutes to get up it. My arms were completely shot and I wanted to give up so badly but I didn't Instead I kept pushing until I made it to the top and it was a seriously amazing feeling.

This weekend we took a course so that we could actually tie the ropes ourselves.It came with a two week pass AND the rock climbing gym is right near my work so I'm excited to take full advantage. I'll keep you updated on my journey from a having noodle arms that can't even do a real push up to a jacked up athlete (please feel free to applaud me on not going the cliche route and offering you tickets to the gun show.)

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Rock Climbing Novice, Soon to Be a Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment