Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Jack White, Mexican Food and Being The Fanciest People We Know

Last week I got a very early and very amazing birthday present from Jordan. My birthday isn't until August 27th but Jack White came into town on July 31st and my birthday dreams came true.

I'm a huge White Stripes and Jack White fan so this was basically as fangirl as it gets for me.

We decided to stay the night in Toronto so we got a hotel near the ACC and walked to El Catrin for some delicious mexican food for dinner.


I got a dee-licious watermelon Margarita to drink and Jordan got some sort of Mojito that had chilli peppers in it and burnt my soul when I tried to drink it. I'm a big sissy when it comes to hot stuff. To eat we had fish and chicken tacos, which is about as adventurous as the two of us get.

Afterwards we grabbed some drinks with friends and then quickly made our way to the concert.

I cannot express my love for this night enough. It was SO good. He played for two hours and basically made all my dreams come true…if I'm not being dramatic enough. Did I mention I love Jack White?

Of course I had to grab myself some merch to commemorate the night:

Honestly…the highlight of the trip was ordering room service in the morning. I was doing my makeup in the bathroom when the room service arrived so I didn't see them come in. When I walked out I was expecting to see a tray with our order on it but instead I saw a table that they brought in and set up with our breakfast.


We honestly thought we were the kings of the world. We were so pleased with ourselves for being so fancy. Of course everything was delicious :)

It was the perfect early birthday present and I couldn't ask for a better person to share it with (woah…that got a little too mushy there. I'll try to tone it down next time :)

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Jack White Enthusiast, Queen for a Day

No comments:

Post a Comment