Thursday, August 28, 2014

I Got Older


I am totally weird about birthdays.

I never want to plan anything, never want to make a big deal out of it...but I'm also the person that will wear her prettiest dress and sparkliest shoes because "It's my birthday." Which is also my line when I try to get people to do things for me. I will milk the heck out of that line. This includes but is not limited to: making people grab things that you are too lazy to grab, explaining why you've eaten desserts after every meal, reasons why you should get what you want.

What can I say? I must be a real gem to be around.

I turned 23 yesterday and this is by no means a special age. You know how some birthdays just mean something? 23 means that you're on your way to 25 (which is my designated "adult" age). Scary stuff people. Yes, I am a bit neurotic.

I worked during the day yesterday and then spent the night with my family. We went to dinner at the Keg and filled our bellies with laughter, but more importantly, with food. 

I wore this because I'm a birthday princess and I deserve to look beautiful (I told myself as I stared in the mirror). Please enjoy this totally "candid" and definitely not staged selfie:


Fun fact about me: I tend to cash in all of my birthday presents early so my birthdays seem even more like a regular old day. In April I got Ray Bans from my parents and decided not to wait until the end of summer to get them (because sunglasses should be used in the summer. Call me crazy, but this is a strong belief of mine). Another equally fun fact about me: I am on my third pair of Ray Bans. I have actually gotten them for three birthdays now. How can a get a "Find My Ray Bans" app onto my iphone? That would save me a lot of grief. Jordan got me our Jack White tickets from earlier this summer so all that was left to enjoy was the company of my family (which is a-okay by me. They're pretty alright...I guess :)

Another pretty alright person: Erika. She came over the second it turned into my birthday (12am my friends) with ice cream sandwiches. This is by far my favourite birthday tradition. She also brought me this from her adventures in France:

Moral of the story: I'm older and also happier :)

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Former Birthday Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment