Friday, January 17, 2014

Putting Yourself Out There


I'm one of those people who talks and talks and talks about the kind of career that they want but when an opportunity comes my way I tend to let it pass me by.

I've decided that this year that will be no more.

One of my New Years Resolutions, if you believe in those kinds of things, was to put myself out there. I was talking to a friend about a girl who had an amazing job. I asked "how the heck did she get that?" And my friend told me "I think she just puts herself out there a lot. I know she was always going all over town to drop off resumes and for interviews."

It's so simple. All you have to do is keep putting yourself out there and eventually you'll find something.

It's like when you see those giveaways and you think that you'll never win them so you don't bother putting your name in the draw…but of course you won't win if you never put your name in.

So I'm making it my mission this year to keep putting myself out there and getting my name in front of people. If I'm not happy with something then I will change it because being happy takes hard work, if it didn't it probably wouldn't be worth it.

From the desk of Taylor Brown
Go-Getter

No comments:

Post a Comment