Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Feels Like Home To Me


Over the holidays I really struggled with my life in Toronto. I was working to the point of exhaustion, I was completely stressed out and all I wanted was to be spending time at home with my family. Working retail didn't really allow me that pleasure so it seemed as if there was no end in sight.

The stress caused me to feel deep unhappiness. I felt like I wasn't enjoying my life in Toronto, but instead had saddled myself with a financial burden (my apartment) that I was breaking my neck to maintain. In reality I was working so much more than I actually needed to pay my bills, which isn't a bad thing but it becomes a problem when it takes a toll on your happiness. I was even considering subletting my apartment for the summer.

Since the holidays have passed and life has slowed down I've found my love for my Toronto life again. I treasure my days off here. I love waking up early, making some delicious food, working out, relaxing and just generally doing whatever the heck I want.

I was just at my parents home for a very short visit and arrived back in Toronto this evening and it feels so good. I'm so content now. I love coming home and just spending time in my room alone doing whatever.

Now comes the problem of having my heartstrings pulled in two directions. I love the people I have in my hometown. It's such a comfort being there. At the same time I'm really excited about what Toronto has in store for me. I have so much I want to do here and it finally feels like home. I guess you could say that I'm pretty lucky. Some people never find a place they feel at home. I have two.

From the desk of:
Taylor Brown
Lucky Lady, Bi-City Traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment