Thursday, January 18, 2018

Whole30 Round 3: WOAH We're Half Way There

<< An actual picture of me with tiger blood: aka the feeling you get on Whole30 when you have SO much energy and you can do anything because you ain't got sugar holding you back>>

My January Whole30 is over halfway done and I'm feeling so good!

During my first Whole30 when I was half done I wrote: Woah we're half way thereeee! Wooahhhh living on a pearrrr! I still find that very funny *personal back pat*

<< I rewarded myself so hard with a new lulu sweater and I was feeeeelinggg myself.
Also my house is a cluster of things in the middle of every room because: painting >>

This is the first Whole30 where I've actually seen the difference in energy that I've heard so much about (aka tiger blood). I honestly feel so energetic, so positive and even stronger. It's very weird. There are a few things I did at the gym before Christmas that were super hard. I went back and did them again on the Whole30 and they where weirdly easier. I don't know if it's all in my head but it's amazing.

Another strange side effect: I think the Whole30 is making me a better person. Hear me out. I'm feeling super energetic and awake (which is a big deal for me, guys- I'm usually SO tired. Like cranky tired. Like need a nap after work tired. Like a celebrity getting checked into Cedar Sinai for exhaustion tired). On the Whole30 I don't need any naps. I'm not super foggy. Most importantly- I'm not super cranky. Ifso facto: better person.

Now for the bad news: I told myself that if the choice was between starving myself and eating something that may be noncompliant I told myself I would have to bend the rules. I'm doing this to be healthy, not to undernourish myself. So last night we were out and running around and I wasn't going to have time to stop home and grab food before I had to go out again so we decided to eat out. We chose Pita Pit so I could get a salad with chicken breast. I tried my best to stay compliant: I ordered a garden salad with chicken breast and a balsamic vinaigrette. I knew I may be getting something with sugar in it but I had to eat! Well, I'm pretty sure there was some sugar in the vinaigrette because I was super tired and foggy the next day. It's SUCH a bummer 1) because I hate breaking the rules and 2) because it's actually crazy how much a little bit of sugar is effecting me. It's good to know that sugar is a culprit for why I feel the way I feel sometimes but honestly, SUGAR? Can't I just intolerant to gluten or something? Sugar is in everything AND it's amazing!

I've been continuing on in spite of that awful day and back on my usually scheduled meals. Here's one:
<< Smoothies and sweet potatoes and my lifeboats, people >>

Other than living the Whole30 I went to the gym quite a bit last week and it felt super good. We had our house painted this week. It turned out so amazing. Now I just have to put house back together! And I'm getting my tattoo this weekend (internally screams in a mixture of excitement and anxiety).

May your week be filled with happiness and your body tolerant to sugar!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Sugar Demon

No comments:

Post a Comment