Thursday, October 8, 2020

I'm Okay. You're Okay.



OYE!

(I think that pretty well sums things up).

This year though guys, I mean is it just me or has it been tough? Kidding, kidding.

I was talking the other night about how hard this year has been to adjust to. Since March (much like everyone else) I've gone through so many swings. At first things were scary but we were all convinced that it was all so temporary- I mean Jordan and I were in Florida when Trudeau told everyone to come home and we seriously considered "waiting it out." Oof.

Then there have been beautiful moments where everything feels okay and our focus on getting through the day makes you stop and admire the trees on your walks and how they look so strong, and resilient and climbable and you wish you could climb one now, or you spend afternoons in the kitchen baking and noticing how much you love the way that flour floats in a cloud around you after you clap your hands in front of your face (which you do often to invoke this tiny little joy).

But things change rapidly and just when I'm approaching a new normal, the world shifts again. 

We moved and had all of the stress and excitement of a new home. I went back to the office and my routine once again changed. Now the days are getting shorter and we're trying to fit in every socially distanced fire and fall evening walk we can before we're shut inside for six months of unchartered territory. 

Each time things change my adjustment period includes a lot of growing pains and a few glasses of wine but this year has shown us our capacity for adaptation and for joy and for gratitude.

Every damn day I (and the ones I love) have survived something trying to kill us. Nevertheless, we persist. 

So this post may not have much of a point but it's my way of saying I'm still here, you're still here. Take the walk, drink the glass of wine, cuddle with your pet, persist, persist, persist.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Lifetime Survivor of Life 

No comments:

Post a Comment