Friday, September 18, 2020

I Said Hey, What's Going On?

 

<<Just me cosplaying as the girl who works at the fashion magazine but doesn't take it seriously because she wants to write real stories about war-torn countries and starving children>>

Hey y'all!

Things have been b-u-s-y busy around here!

Our house is in a perpetual state of chaos because we're renovating. We got the house in June and had plans to have the whole place painted, torn up and put back together before we moved in in July but unfortunately our contractor broke his leg so we had to wait until mid-September for him. We were able to get all of the wallpaper taken down and the entire house painted before we did move in and that made a huge difference. We also changed all the light fixtures, had some pot lights installed and changed some other fixtures along the way. The kitchen is now getting the finishing touches today and the bathroom is completely demolished and should be finished within the next couple weeks. It's definitely been a process living amongst projects and renovations all this time but it's also been super fun. We really decided to go for it with this house. Our last house was an income property so when we did make any changes they all had to be neutral and with renters in mind. This house is all ours! That means I've finally been making the renovation decisions I've dreamed of (can you say blue kitchen!?) Don't worry I'll be showing you every last detail here. I'm just so dang smitten with it! 

Now that I'm back to blogging I'm so excited to share all of the things we've been up to around here. I started taking some pictures on my iphone of some of our upgrades and quickly realized that my iphone is just not up to snuff. Then I pulled out my canon and it didn't have a memory card (face palm). That's been the delay here. I've finally found my memory card and I'm going to work on getting some pictures taken this weekend. 

Things I'm hoping to share in the next little bit:

- Fireplace facelift (this one blew my mind)

- Upgrading our bar (how adult are we!? a bar!)

- Painting the wall in our bedroom black (hi, my 9th grade emo dreams came true)

- Painting the back of our front door (a long held dream of mine)

- Adding hanging plants to our dining room (Jordan has expressed hatred towards this but he is wrong)

- The kitchen remodel (oof this is going to be a big one)

-Eventually our bathroom remodel

- The honeycomb shelves I'm building (these have really stalled but I have every hope to work on those this weekend!)

There has been so much going on here lately and it's all be wonderful and hectic and busy as heck!

Can't wait to share it all!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Joanna Gaines in Training 


No comments:

Post a Comment