Monday, June 6, 2016

Capturing Moments


A few weeks ago Erika and I decided to take a photography course to finally learn how to use our cameras without the assistance of the automatic feature. I've had my camera for years but until I took this course I had no idea how it truly worked. Besides that I had almost zero understanding of what makes a good picture. The answer: light and shot setup (basically, how you capture the things in your shot and where you place them).

We learned things like how to focus on something in the foreground:

And how to focus through something onto it's background:

We learned about portraiture:

And colour and shot set up:

And then things got really fun when we experimented with some new tricks:

Now we feel like certified pros with our cameras in hand and we can't wait to continue to build our skills outside of class.

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Lensgazer

No comments:

Post a Comment