Thursday, December 7, 2017

Mother Daughter Weekend in the Mountains


Last weekend was just what I needed! After a busy busy year I've been needing a weekend of relaxation and that's just what I got! My sister was turning 29 (better you than me, sister) and my Mom wanted to celebrate while also getting in some quality Mother/Daughter time so we all packed up to go to Blue Mountain for the weekend.

We headed to Blue Mountain to go to their amazing spa, La Scandinave. There's no snow on the mountain yet this season so it was the perfect time to go. Still cold and wintery but not as busy as it would be peak season. Also, we don't ski...or snowboard...or even try to leave the house during winter time so it's good we weren't getting in the way of true snow worshipers.

We headed to Blue Mountain Friday morning after picking up all the fixings to make a delicious charcuterie board, oh and wine too of course.

We had a great hotel room right in the village so we wasted no time dropping our stuff in our room and heading to the shops. We looked around and grabbed some lunch (along with sangrias of course).


Later in the night we headed to La Scandinave. I've heard tons about this spa but it surpassed everything I was hoping for. It's so luxurious! Oh and seeing it all decorated for Christmas was so beautiful too.


We got there at 5pm and immediately got into our bathing suits and some big robes! We headed out to the baths and took time floating in the hot baths (no cold plunges for me thank you!) and the eucalyptus steam room and saunas. We still had more time until the main event (our massages) so we went inside and had tea in the cafe. It was so fun to be sitting around in robes and basically just lounging our lives away. The massage was so great! I used to HATE massages but now I LOVE them. It's the best way to destress and spend some quiet time (even if your mom does book you in for a couples massage with your sister).

After the massages we headed to our room to finally enjoy our charcutterie, some wine and Christmas movies before heading to bed.

The next day we were excited to head into Collingwood to explore the shops. We grabbed breakfast at a cute little restaurant in town and then popped in and out of some of the amazing little stores they have.



After exploring my mom and sister were ready for a nap (old lady status) and I was ready to hit the gym. I was so impressed with our hotel gym! There were free towels (sorry this is exciting for me but you have to pay for them at my gym), free earphones, and even chilled towels in a little fridge. It was such a good way to work off all the wine we'd been drinking and continue my relaxation weekend.


I came back from the gym to this:


Straight up old bird.

We went out for drinks at an Irish pub that night and then out for dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant.


It was a great weekend with my Mom and sister and such a relaxing way to spend some girl time! We're going to need to make this a yearly event, if only so I can get a mind blowing massage once a year...oh and to use that freaking gym again!

From the desk of:

Taylor Brown
Pampered Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment